Are you insured?
- We sure are! Our goal is to protect your interests and give you peace of mind. That is why we make sure that we not only carry liability insurance, but that our employees are covered by workers compensation insurance as well. That way, if they were to ever injure themselves in your home, weíve got you covered!
Who cleans my home?
- Solano Maids hiring process ensures that our potential employees will fit our criteria, meet our client's expectations, and will become excellent representatives of our company. These criteria include, but are not limited to, the following: personal and working interviews, reference and criminal background checks, pre-employment and random drug screenings.
- We utilize "Single Maids" in each home, depending on the size of the home and level of service. You will be assigned a maid (or two) who will be committed to keeping your home clean. Occasionally, especially for Level 3 cleanings or other instances, 3 maids may be present.
- Occasionaly, the owner of the company maybe present cleanings and occasionally will rotate through each home.
What areas do you service?
- We service all of Solano County.
Am I required to have an in-home estimate?
- While we encourage in-home estimates, as they are the best way to guarantee the rate of your cleaning, it is not necessary; and in some cases (i.e. same day cleanings) not always possible. Take a look at the services page of our website, and select the level of service that best suits your needs.
- Should we believe that additional time is required to complete the cleaning, we will contact you 30 minutes prior to the end of the three hours to obtain your permission to continue. Excessive clutter, dirt, grime, soap scum, and the request for additional services(appliance cleaning, windows, etc.) may affect the time required to clean your home.
Do I have to do anything before you arrive?
- While we do perform general tidying up, its advantageous to have the home picked up as much as possible, allowing us the ability to easily access all areas of your home. If we have to spend time picking items up and putting them away, it may affect the time we are in your home. You may be billed for the extra time needed to perform additional work. In cases of extremely cluttered areas or surfaces, we reserve the right to use our judgment to skip those areas in order to avoid damaging items or hurting ourselves.
What if I don't need my entire home cleaned?
- Tiers not quite what you're looking for? Lets customize your cleaning! Do you want kitchen and bathrooms only or some other combination? Let us know we're flexible. (3 hour minimum applies).
Do I have to be home when you clean?
- If you'd like, but it's not a requirement. In fact, the majority of our clients provides us with keys to their home or provides alternate means of our entering their home when they cannot be there. If you choose to be home, we don't mind at all. We understand that you may prefer to get to know us first.
Are your products safe for my family and pets?
- Yes, Solano Maids uses professional grade Proctor & Gamble cleaning products. Our employees are properly trained to use our supplies. If a client requests that we use a different product, Solano Maids will not be held responsible for any damage that may occur through the use of the requested products; including the use of bleach/bleach based products.
Why do you furnish the supplies?
- We provide the supplies for several reasons: we have available what we know will allow us to provide quality results, our employees are trained in the proper use of our supplies and tools, and to free you from having to keep track of what we need before your scheduled cleaning day.
- We appreciate any referral that you provide. If your friend or family member signs up for regular weekly or bi-weekly service you will receive a FREE cleaning after their second cleaning with our company. If your referral signs up for a one time cleaning, you will receive a $25.00 gift card
- We want to earn a PERFECT 10 in quality and customer service. With that in mind, you will receive calls or emails after some of your cleanings. Please let us know how we performed. Constructive criticism refines us.
- If at any time there is a concern in regards to your cleaning, please give us a call within 24 hours of the cleaning. Though we do not offer refunds, if we are contacted within 24 hours we will gladly return to re-clean the areas of concern.
- Things come up, and we understand. We ask that if you need to cancel or skip a cleaning please notify us 24 hours in advance in order to avoid a cancellation charge of $50.00. This also applies to cancellations of less than 24 hours notice, same day lock outs or cancellations at the door. All cancellations must be made through the office 707-759-3896. Please do not tell your maid.
- You are vital in helping us to retain our cleaning staff. Please understand that unlike other industries such as retail, hair dressers, etc. we do not have the luxury of walk in customers to supplement our schedule when a client cancels without notice. We reserve a day and time for you and you alone. Our staff depends upon your job being there in order for them to make their salary. Cancellations cost them dearly and we find that if they lose out too often they quit.
- Cash, check or credit card is acceptable (some restrictions apply). Please make checks payable to: Solano Maids and leave inside the envelope provided to you by our office.
- Payment is due at the time of service (unless paying by credit card, in which you will be invoiced prior to service). A $20.00 fee will apply if payment is not present and you chose to mail it, or we have to return to pick up payment (even if it's the same day).
- We have a "No Check / No Clean" policy and we may not clean your home if payment is not present. Repeatedly not leaving a payment may result in cancellation of services.
- If a check is returned for NSF, there will be an additional charge of $35.00 and services will be suspended until full payment has been received.
- Active Military personnel and Seniors are eligible for a 5% discount.
Credit Card Payment:
- Credit cards are accepted securely through Intiut Payment Network (IPN), a Quickbooks company. If you are a regular client, 48 hours prior to your scheduled date of cleaning, we will send you an invoice, via Pay Pal. Please present payment for cleaning.
- For your convenience we offer a Pre-Pay Program. Services are invoiced and paid for once a month, in advance of service. Through this program, you will receive a 2% discount as long as your payment is received in our office by the 4th of each month.
- Invoices are emailed or mailed on the 25th of each month. Discount will not apply if payment is made or received later than the 4th of the month.
- Tipping, while appreciated, is not required. If you would like to leave a tip for your maid, please place it outside the payment envelope.
- In the unfortunate event that we are unable to collect on past due payments, accounts will be forwarded to the local credit bureau and/or Solano County's District attorney's office.
- Our hours of operation are from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. We normally arrive at our first house between 8:45 and 9:00, and accept our last house at 3:30 p.m. in order for our employees to get off in a timely manner.
- Unless you are our first cleaning of the day, we are unable to guarantee an exact arrival time. However, we can provide you with a 1-2 hour window of our estimated arrival time. Please allow us the flexibility of scheduling our arrival between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. We will strive to meet your cleaning needs with respect to arrival times. If you prefer, you can leave us a key so that you do not have to wait for us to come.
- If you want to wait for us to arrive, we respectfully request that you are home during the estimated window of time to let the maid in. If no one is home or we are turned away for any reason a cancellation fee will be charged (see Cancellation Policy).
- If you are not there during the estimated window and we are able to contact you, and we can return later that same day, there will be a charge of $10 per maid for the return travel time.
- For our protection and yours, if you have firearms we ask that all they be stored and locked away prior to our cleaning your home. We will not clean any rooms in which a firearm is visibly present. Please do not leave firearms under pillows or mattresses as they pose a danger when we are changing linens on beds.
- Insect infestation can be a problem and may prevent us from completely cleaning your home. If an infestation of ants, termites, roaches, fleas, etc., are encountered, we will not clean or vacuum the area. Please do not expect us to clean up dead insects that you've sprayed (i.e. ants, etc.). We will leave you a note or call you regarding the problem.
Key Control Policy:
- Ninety percent of our clients provide Solano Maids with keys to their home. Rest assured we take the utmost care in protecting both your key and your home. Keys are number coded and have no names or street addresses attached to them. Keys are issued and are checked back in daily. If we were to misplace your key, we would pay to have your home re-keyed. A document will be provided to you indicating that we are in possession of your key. All keys are immediately returned upon cessation of service.
- If you decide not to issue a key to Solano Maids, and no one will be home during the cleaning, you may choose to leave a door unlocked or place a spare key in a secured place for the maids to gain access to your home. In this case, you release Solano Maids of any liability that may arise from any damages or theft to your home as we cannot guarantee that we are the only ones who will have access to your home that day. The Key Release of Liability document will be provided to you indicating that we are not in possession of keys to your home.
- If your home has a security system, please inform us how you want to handle it. Security and safety of your home is a major concern at Solano Maids, and our staff is sensitive to security and access procedures. Our policy is to lock the door while we are cleaning and to not allow access to unknown persons. Please do not rely on us to let in workmen or accept delivery of packages during the time we are in your home.
- Please note that it is not necessary for you to have to disarm your alarm systems the day of our cleaning. If you contact your alarm company they can assist you in programming a code that is unique to our company.
- Accidents do happen. If we are responsible for damages to your home or items in your home, we will leave a note for you and place a follow up call. We make every attempt to repair, replace or pay for any items that we have damaged.
- We will assume no liability for items are not secured in a proper manner (example: heavy pictures hanging from thumb tacks, not anchored properly to walls, etc., pre-existing damages, scratches, dings in windows, paint, furniture, floors, walls, etc. Items of monetary or sentimental value should be put away on the day of cleaning and/or cleaned by home owner.
- All surfaces (i.e.: Marble, Granite, hardwood floors, etc) are assumed to be sealed and ready to be cleaned without causing harm/damage when common cleaners are used.
Release of Liability:
- Should you decide you would like us to clean items of monetary or sentimental value, items within curio cabinets, etc., the following will apply: Client hereby releases Solano Maids from all liability arising out of cleaning these item(s). Client understands that he/she is completely responsible for repairing or replacing any damaged item(s), even if Solano Maids may have caused the need for repair or replacement.
Wear & Tear:
- The longer we live in our homes, the more wear and tear builds up in it. Baseboards, bottom of showers and tubs, mold/mildew, excessive water spots and soap scum on glass shower doors, worn flooring (wood floors may need to be refinished) grout lines, window tracks, etc. are all areas where wear and tear will have an outcome on the final look of the cleaning. These areas may take more than one cleaning to improve in appearance or may not come clean at all.
- While we do offer to dust your blinds, excessive build up on blinds and shutters may require that you contact a professional ultra-sonic blind cleaning company. We cannot be held liable for blinds/shutters, etc. that do not come 100% clean.
- Your pets are members of your family and we respect that. However, if your pet is afraid of vacuums, is territorial or raucous and will not allow us to do our work, we may suggest that they be placed in areas that we are not working in. We will not pick up pet droppings. This includes cleaning of litter boxes and dog kennels.
- It is important for us to have access to every area of your home that we will be cleaning. In doing so, we need to work freely and without distractions. Excessive talking (beyond cleaning instructions) prevents us from being 100% focused.
- Every effort is made to work safely and cautiously and we cannot assume liability for injury to others. We kindly ask that you, your children and pets remain out of the rooms that we are cleaning in order to prevent safety hazards (contact with cleaning products, tripping over buckets, caddies, vacuum cords, etc.).
- We are unable to climb higher than a 2-step ladder.
- We are unable to wash walls or clean carpets ñ we can refer you to a professional.
- To decrease the risk of injury to employees we are unable to move heavy objects.
- We are unable to clean up vomit, blood, urine or excrement.
- Please remove linens (if child has wet the bed) before we arrive. We will replace the clean linen.
- If an employee feels that their personal safety is in danger, and the employee leaves the job site, client is still responsible for the full cost of the job.
- We reserve the right to adjust our rates and policies at any time.
- Continued use of our service indicates agreement with these Policies and Terms of Service.
- Employees are unable to remove their shoes in your home. Shoe covers may be worn on carpeted surfaces only, and they will be removed on hard flooring surfaces in order to reduce the risk of a slip and fall accident.
- By using our services, you agree not to solicit for hire any staff member introduced to you by Solano Maids for any home-related services. If you are found to have solicited one of our staff, please be advised that our referral training fee is $2,500.
Does it cost more to use a "professional"?
- If this person/cleaning service damages your marble floor, ruins your stainless steel appliances, breaks an expensive piece of artwork how will they pay for the damages?
- If money comes up missing or credit cards and jewelry is stolen how will you recover the loss?
- If they are injured in your home who will cover their medical costs & expenses? YOU.
- If they decide to file unemployment and indicate that they worked for you cleaning your home, guess who will get hit by the state for employment taxes? YOU.
What's the difference?
A professional may possibly be an individual or a company. This is what sets us apart from the above:
- A professional cleaner/service is licensed and insured (sometimes bonded).
- A professional cleaner/service won't require that you pay cash.
- A professional cleaner/service pays its taxes just like you.
- A professional cleaner/service does not pay its employees under the table.
- A professional cleaner/service has the proper training to clean.
- A professional cleaner/service provides the tools and equipment to perform (unless you have specific requests or to avoid cross contamination).
We know the common perception of using a "professional" cleaning service brings to mind higher charges, and this isn't always the case. We also realize that you can find anyone to clean your home for little or nothing through Craigslist or other venues. However, have you ever considered the true costs of using a cleaner who is not licensed and insured?
Invest in a company that is licensed and insured that stands behind their work. Ensure that, if they have employees, they carry the proper insurances and pay the required taxes. Verify that they care enough about your interests to conduct drug screens and perform criminal background checks on their employees. And most importantly, GO WITH YOUR GUT! You are inviting someone into your home and into the lives of your family. Be smart. Be safe.
No representation or warranty made by any other person, expressed or implied, other than the owner, Angela M. Wilson, which is not specifically set forth herein shall be binding upon Solano Maids and its representatives. Privacy and Confidentiality: We will not share your personal information with anyone.
We welcome you to Solano Maids!
These policies are current as of May 2013
Unless otherwise noted, these policies supersede the website and prior policies and guidelines.