Questions to Ask When Interviewing House Cleaning Companies
- Is your business licensed?
- Are you working under your own name or under a Business name?
- If working under a DBA (Doing Business As) who is the owner of the business?
- How long have you been in business?
- Are you insured? Can you provide proof of coverage?
- What insurances do you carry? (Liability is for damage to property, Workman’s’ compensation is for injury to the worker).
- Have you made any claims to your insurance within the last 6 months? Last Year? If so how many claims have you made and for what?
- Do you provide a written agreement of the services you provide? Do you provide a written copy of your policies?
- Do I have to sign a contract that binds me to service for a specific length of time?
- What happens if I am not happy with the service?
- Who provides the equipment and supplies? (** See below for more information)
- What cleaning products do you use? Do you carry MSDS sheet for each product? Professional cleaning services are required by law to do so.
- Does the cleaner know that a disinfectant is useless unless it has proper dwell time to be allowed to fully work? (At least 10 minutes).
- What type of training do you do with your personnel? Is this ongoing training?
- Do you perform criminal background checks and routinely drug test your employees?
- Can you provide references of several existing customers who can verify your professionalism?
* Customers who provide the equipment and supplies are generally considered the employers, thus make themselves liable for all employer related payroll costs and considerations (i.e. – withholding taxes and matching social security payments) as well as any disability or workman’s comp issues.
This information is provided courtesy of Petersons Maid-to-Order Cleaning Services, located in Fremont, CA. Maid-to-Order is an affiliate of Solano Maids.
Connect With Us!